If you are a registered voter (register here) and you are unable to go to your regular polling place on election day to cast your vote, you may be eligible to vote by absentee ballot. Request an absentee ballot by completing an “Affidavit for Absentee Ballot. Affidavits are available below. Click on the link and print it out.
Do any of the following reasons apply to you?
- Work: The nature of your work prevents you from going to your polling place.
- Public Service: Your service to the United States or to the State of Delaware prevents you from going to your polling place. Spouses or dependents of the person in service also qualify. (Public service includes military, diplomatic, etc.)
- New: Affidavits from military personnel requesting absentee ballots do not require the signature of a Notary or Commissioned Officer.
- Religion: The tenets or teaching of your religion prevent you from going to your polling place.
- Vacation: You are on vacation on election day.
- Illness: I am sick.
- Disability: I am permanently or temporarily disabled.
- Incarcerated: I am incarcerated. (Not for a felony)
- Absentee Voting
- Special needs Voting
AFFIDAVITS FOR PRIMARY ELECTION
AFFIDAVITS FOR GENERAL AND SPECIAL ELECTION
- Affidavit for General and Special Election New Castle County
- Affidavit for General and Special Election Kent County
- Affidavit for General and Special Election Sussex County
- Instructions-How to Complete and Absentee Ballot
- Social Security Number Disclosure Kent County
- Social Security Number Disclosure New Castle County
- Social Security Number Disclosure Sussex County
- Federal Mail Application (Register to vote)
UNIFORMED SERVICE AND OVERSEAS CITIZEN VOTERS
- Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) – register and apply for an absentee ballot
- Federal Write-in Absentee Ballot (FWAB) – emergency ballot
- Mail your completed affidavit to the Department of Elections for the county in which you reside and are registered to vote. (See Disclosures above.)